Monday, October 12, 2009

It's finially Fall!




So I decided I should post something considering I haven't posted in a while. Our fall has been so busy I don't know where to start. We had flat Max come visit us from our friend from Utah's class and we showed him around. Caroline was sooooo excited about it. She ended up ripping his poor little arm off during all the excitement. But we taped him together so he will arrive back in UT in one piece....good thing he was with us and our military ins. hehe....little guy had the full military experience. I think the little boy who sent him will enjoy the picture of all the tanks, trucks, ect...Pictures to follow.
Caroline and Jack are getting so big. It is so sad Jack isn't a little baby anymore. He is rolling over all the time now (finally) and scouting all over the place and trying to crawl. He says Dada as well as Mama now, along with plenty of other sounds. He also waves. And this past week he finally got his first tooth! The poor boy had been waking up so much at night and not napping well. I was starting to wonder what was wrong with him. It is always better after they get that first tooth. Caroline LOVES music. She loves the sound of music especially "My Favorite Things." She knows the whole song. She also loves primary songs. "Book of Mormon Stories" and "Follow the Prophet" are her favorites. Everyday it seems like she is singing a new song and I'm like where did you hear that one? Caroline has also finally learned her letters. We checked out this book called "A is for Annabelle" randomly from the library and Caroline loved it and can recite the entire thing. It goes, "A is for Annabelle, Grandmothers doll." It does this for each letter for the alphabet and we say the A, B, C is for thus and such part and Caroline finishes the second half for each letter. I don't know how she remembers so much. I wish my memory was that good. I will try and find the book and post it on here for everyone to see. (it is at the top) Music, Books and Oreo cookies are probably Caroline's favorite things, as the song goes. We tell her to sing it now when she says she is scared...hehe..and it works!
So it is finally cooling down here. We can go out and play again! Though, it doesn’t feel much like fall. It mostly just rains…a lot. But this is good for my garden…as you can see below. Apparently here in Texas you want to do your garden in the winter basically cause everything I planted in the spring died this summer, but the stuff I planted at the end of the summer is doing great! It is really more like spring here. Everything is very green now and in the summer everything is brown. The trees instead of turning all the beautiful fall colors are nice and green. (not that there are many trees where we live) So, here are some more pictures of Caroline picking these pretty purple flowers that grow everywhere in our backyard. Sorry there are a million pictures, but I haven’t posted in a while and there is more to come from our trip to the Texas State Fair in Dallas!















My garden. Peas and zuchinni and squash.

The tomatoes I planted this summer were

looking really pathetic by the end of summer.


Caroline loves to pic flowers and put them in

mine and her hair.



YeeHaw



Between Caroline not looking at the camera and Jack trying to take his hat off we are lucky we got this picture. They look so cute though!


Evidence that Caroline got a hold of the camera. I have to say her skills are getting better and it makes us laugh when we find what she has photographed.





Of course she took a picture of her favorite movie these days.



Our two little monkeys



We have crazy storms here in Texas! One night they sounded the tornado warning and we had lightning like I have never seen before in person. It has several bolts going accross the sky it was wild. But this is the result a beautiful rainbow.



Caroline loves to sit on top of the car



Sweet little boy


The fam minus Mommy with flat Max in front of Ft. Hood
Whose that sexy army guy with my family?



The boys


These pics are from the military museum on post.

This huge thing is used to like tow helicopers.

Ryan called it the Wasp.


Caroline sitting on a tank with flat Max, though, you are definitly not supose to do that.



Flat Max in Austin



One of my crafts. These are the things I do to avoid the things I should be doing. But I thought Jacks room was empty and he needed something to hang on the way so we went to hobby lobby (amazing store) and came up with this! Caroline helped paint too...and by paint I mean get paint everywhere except the board including the carpet.


I also love to knitt. I made this blanket for Jack.
I have made much more than these two but I usually give them away so i don't have them anymore.


I managed to get a picture of this one before I sent it to my sister.
It is my favorite thus far of all the blankets I have knitted.
More to come. I am currently working on a few.











































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment