Saturday, December 11, 2010
Exciting airport adventures!
So I didn't feel like typing up a Christmas Card letter so I was like well why don't I just include our blog in our Christmas card, cause that is like a long Christmas letter right? Well maybe if I actually posted anything on the blog. So anywho here it goes. I will start with an impromptu trip I took to MD with Jack. So I was already flustered and anxious because I was going for the funeral for a wonderful man, whom I could dedicate an entire post to, but not now. So I get a ticket out of Dallas....Dallas Fort Worth right? So I am running late of course, and there is traffic and I almost forget my conformatin number and all that. But we finialy make it to the airport and this airport is huge and I have no idea where to go. They charge you just to drop someone off or pick someone up whether you park or not. Anyway so Ryan drops us off with all our stuff and we go up to the ticket counter and I put in my conformation number and it isn't working so I call someone over and they ask what time and where is your flight and I was like 4pm to Houston at this point it is past 3pm so I am getting anxious. So he tells me you are at the wrong airport and I was like what?? Yeah apparently there are two airports in Dallas. I am like oh my gosh, and I do not have a cell phone mind you. I ask the guy what I should do and that I needed to borrow a phone and he just said he would get someone else to help me. Meanwhile I am freaking out so I go and track him down again and ask for a phone again and he was like oh that what you were saying? Anyway so I call Ryan and I tell him he needs to come back now, and that I was at the wrong airport. They assured me they would be able to help me there even though I wouldn't make my flight. So Ryan had just left the airport but turned around to come get me. Of course this takes forever cause the airport is huge. He doens't arrive until about 3:50pm. I decided to call ahead to the other airport to see what they could do for me and they got me on the next flight to houston that should be get me to my connecting flight in time. So I felt better about it all. So we get there and of course during all of this Jack is freaking out and doesn't want to be in the stroller ect...Anyhow so this flight I was on ends up getting delayed half an hour. It would put me at the Houston Airport which is larger than DFW at the time my next flight would be boarding. And we were coming in at terminal B and my flight out was at terminal E. So I haul it to the terminal with Jack and all our stuff...of course I didn't check anything...and we even had to get on a little trolly thing. I got there barely in enough time to get on the plane. Luckily Jack was a good boy on both flights. The second one he slept the whole way. It was crazy though cause it was a super full flight and Jack was on my lap and asleep and I couldn't get to anything and my stuff was everywhere. Anyway we make it to MD at like midnight and of course since Jack just had a 3 hour nap on the plane he is wide awake and I am so tired. So anyhow fast forward to the next day. I want to take my sister to lunch for getting me from the airport and letting me stay with her ect...and I go to get my wallet to pay amongst Jack throwing a huge fit and scrathcing my face in the process when I realize my wallet is not in my purse. Everything had been so crazy who know where my wallet ended up. The last time I saw it was when I got my ID out at the 2nd airport. Thank goodness I left my ID out in my pocket and didn't put it away. So I assume I lost it on the airplane when my stuff was scattered everywhere on the second flight. (which I also lost my watch on) Between the veiwing and funeral and everything I didn't have time to think much or deal with the situation so my sister reported it missing for me. That night though I started getting major anxiety about it and starting thinking, what if it got stollen? So I am praying please God let me find my wallet, and then I just realized what made me so sure it was left on the second plane. So I decide to go and report it missing on the first flight as well and also to airport security and basically wrote down every lost and found number I could find from each of the three airports I was at. And I happened to find one for continental so I wouldn't have to wait for them to respond to my e-mail. Like come on this is a wallet, I can't wait around. So I feel a lot better after that and am able to go to bed and the next evening I called the number I found and by the grace of God my wallet was on that first flight I was on and they had it at the Houston airport and fed exed it to our house. Wow I have never thanked God so much in my whole life...though they never found my watch. Ok so this is one crazy trip right? Oh it does not end here. So I go to go home. My sister drops me off super early. I was like I do not care the earlier the better. And thank goodness she did. I get there and they tell me I cancelled my ticket I was like uhhh no. So I go through it with a whole bunch of people and they tell me when I called to move my flight originally it some how cancelled my return flight...what the heck? Why would I all the sudden not want to come home? They could have at least let me know. Anyway she tells me that I would probably have to purchase another ticket home and I was like what I couldn't even if I wanted to because I didn't have my wallet. So I asked to speak with a manager, who thankfully had mercy on me and gave me my original ticket back so I could go home already. It probably helped after I told them my whole pathetic story and I was like on top of everything I was here for a funeral. Oh and Jack had a major melt down on the flight home and Ryan was an hour late to pick me up due to a car accident and of course I have no idea where he is cause I don't have a phone. Anyway it all worked out and i am sure this is one of those stories where you look back and laugh...but I haven't laughed yet. And I didn't get any pictures while I was there. But, Mr. Robinsons service was beautiful, and it was wonderful to see his whole family who took me in as one of theirs. I am so glad I was there to mourn the loss of this wonderful man who served his country, community, family and God faithfully. It is a true loss for this world, but a gain for the one to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Charlotte, that sounds awful. I'm so glad you're home and that you can relax now after that ordeal. I'm sorry for the loss of someone dear to you. I hope that this next year will be awesome for you guys too. :)
ReplyDeleteHave you guys taken Christmas pics yet? Have you done any Christmas knitting projects?