Wednesday, August 19, 2009

So last weekend we went to Waco...this is considered one of the more exciting places to go for people who live here in Killen. I was skeptical though because of the whole Waco bombing incident and apparently the water was really bad...like so bad you could even taste it from a soda at a resturant. I think the water in Killen is bad so obviously I would be taking all precations not to drink the water in Waco. But luckily we made it through without having to. We had lots of fun there and it is a great, beautiful town. We went to the dr. pepper museum, because Ryan loves dr. Pepper. And in several places in the museum they mention it is not made with prune juice...Grandma Durr...but either way I still think it's nasty. Though Ryan's straight from the tap dr. pepper didn't taste that bad. After that we went to what Caroline called the cowboy/cowgirl store...which was actually the tractor supply store...where Ryan wanted to buy jean....don't ask. But I did find a pair of cute modest shorts there. Caroline was disapointed there were no pink cowgirl boots there, though. Afterwards we went to a beautiful park along a river...which I can't remember the name of either. But it was fun for Caroline! And for dinner we went to Caroline's favorite resturant...Cracker Barrel!! Though on the way she spilt water all over herself so we had to buy her something to wear in cracker barrel and came up with this lovely Texas longhorn dress as you can see in the pictures below. Everywhere you go here you can buy Texas longhorn parapheniala. They also had Texas long horn rocking chairs. She loves the dress and calls it her Texas dress. She was so excited about the whole thing it was too cute!


Caroline in her Texas Longhorn dress, sitting in a Texas Longhorn rocking chair at Cracker Barrel.


Jack, Daddy, and Caroline outside teh dr. pepper museum.

Me and Jack in front of an old truck outside the dr. pepper museum.



Caroline not cooperating, Ryan and Jack outside the Dr. Pepper museum.


Jack having fun in the swing at the park!



2 comments:

  1. wow, that swing looks huge! That's a pretty cute UT dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I saw your blog address on FB, so I thought I'd check it out. Ours is private but send me an email on FB with your email and I will invite you if you want. Cute fam and cute pictures! Bloggin is a great way to try to stay in touch when your family lives far. :)

    ReplyDelete