I am so behind on my blogging that I am not even going to try and catch up, but I will give you an update of what has been going on recently. Ryan went tot eh field for 2 weeks last month with no break. It was crazy to say the least. I had a big night planned for us the night that he got home. We have been doing a babysitting co op type thing with a few other families from our ward and it was finally a time we could take advantage, but no Ryan didn't get back from the field till about 9pm that night. Anyway we survived and Ryan and I got to go out the next weekend, thanks to one of my wonderful YW!! It was Valentines days and so Saturday night Ryan and I went to Chipotle (mmmmm) and then to see the movie Valentines Day. It was cute and funny, but it was mostly just nice to be out alone. Ryan also got me some beautiful tulips.
Caroline was so excited for Valentines day. It is so cute how she gets so excited for every holiday now. She always asks me when the next holiday is gonna be now. We went to a little valentines day activity put on by a program here on post that we are involved in. The little kids were making Valentines and Caroline wanted to give hers to her friend Max, whom she loves and says she is gonna marry when she grows up. She says, "mmm I guess I can marry Max when I grow up." They love to play together. Caroline makes him play prince and princess with him. This usually involves Caroline being in some dangerous situation and Max having to save her. It is so funny, though Max tires of this game, but Caroline wants to play it all the time. He is actually over as I am writing this and I hear Caroline saying "ok we need to get married now." hehe. I don't know if this is good or not? They are so cute together. They also really like to play doctor and Max is always the doctor. It is too funny what they pick up form just going to the doctor. Caroline is getting too smart for me. She surprises me everyday saying things I thought would be way beyond her understanding. Just the other night she was asking for me to get some puzzels down that were on the top shelf of her closet. We have to keep some of the puzzels up there cause if they are all down it gets crazy and there are pieces everywhere, so she is only aloud to have a few down at a time. Anyhow I tell her I couldn't even get the puzzels if I wanted to, because I couldn't reach, it was too high. Then she asks me, "Is the top of the refrigerator high?" And I answered yes. Then she says, "Well you can reach the top of the refrigerator." I was just like oh man. I had a friend over and she said, "ooo she just called you out." I couldn't believe that a 3 year old could make that kind of comparison. I am happy she is so smart and learning so much...but it is too much sometimes. She is growing up too fast. I can't keep up. She knows most of her letters sounds now and can tell you what a word starts with just by sounding it out. She can also tell you if a word sounds like another word. Next fall she will go to all day Pre-K. I am so nervous to send my baby girl to school all day, but I know she will do great and besides it might be nice to get some time with just Jack and I. Mr. Jack is doing good. Getting too big as well. He isn't a fat little baby anymore. He is so sweet and happy though. Still sooo cute. Everyone thinks he is a girl half the time, cause he is so pretty. I love that little boy soooooo much, it's crazy. Every time Jack looks towards me Ryan says look who is in love. He loves his Mommy too! He is starting to do all kinds of stuff. he is imitating us all the time. he doesn't say many words, but when he sees food is when he tries to talk the most. He isn't sure what he is suppose to say but he knows he really wants what I have and is trying to tell me. I guess that is better than him screaming, which he used to do every time I would put something in the grocery cart he recognized as food. He is starting to cruise around a lot more and stand on his own. I won't be surprised if it is still a little while before he walks. He can take his time though, I don't mind. It is nice to have an easy going baby, that doesn't have to do everything now and by themselves.
I have been keeping busy with my calling and other activities going on here at the Hood. I got to chaperon Youth Conference last weekend. It was fun...hehe...not it really was. The youth are too funny. I suppose I was that way too as a teenager. I am always trying to convince them that they don't want to date till they are older/after missions ect....but they don't believe me. The guys call me the "player maker" because I told them to take out lots of different girls. They are silly. At the dance we had a few wall flowers, and they were BOYS....the girls were out having fun, but a few boys were just standing around. So after a little bit of encouragement we got them all out there having fun by the end. I would hate for them to waste these times. When I think about some of the funnest times I had during my teenage years they were usually church activities or with friends from church. Our YW are great too and I love them so much. I don't know how I have gotten so attached. Of course they will all move I'm sure or I will get released. Their parents are so lucky to have them and we are so lucky to get to lead them and learn from them.
The other exciting thing that happened this past week is IT SNOWED!! We got a few inches of snow and Ryan got out of work! It wasn't even sticking to the roads. He also got to go to work late the next day. And the next day it got up to like 60 degrees and all the snow melted. You would have never thought it had snowed the day before if you hadn't seen it. We took full advantage of the free time though and played in the snow. Of course we don't have any clothing that is appropriate for playing in the snow...so they are kinda wearing random stuff. I am ready for winter to be over...but also dreading summer. I think that summer here is worse than winter.

No comments:
Post a Comment