Monday, May 31, 2010

Flat Sadie in Ft. Hood, TX

Dear, Ms. Layton's class,
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to Holtville. I have been here in Ft. Hood, TX and somehow got tricked into joining the army! But I have worked everything out and as everything in the army it has taken forever for me to get out and I will be home very soon.
Everything in Texas is big, bigger, or the biggest! It's the biggest state on the continental US. It is also said to have a big sky which you can see in the pictures below. They also have big produce, cows, and hair! So of course Texas is home to the biggest military post in the country. This is where the majority of our men in women in the army are living and deploy from to Iraq and other various places. Everywhere you go there are men and women in uniform. So how could you come and not get mixed up in it.
Something else they have here that is big are thunderstorms. I have never seen such crazy storms, but they sure do produce such beautiful rainbows. A few minutes after we took the pictures will all the tanks and helicopters a storm rolled in and we got soaked. The sky was sure beautiful afterwards though. The sun is also big and red as it was setting.
Also while I was here the family I was with went on a road trip to UT. I got to see 3 other states. New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah. New Mexico wasn't much to write home about, but Arizona had beautiful red mountains and snow!!! We also drove through the archs national park in UT. All the pictures are below of my adventures here.




Beautiful rainbow after a storm

Texas longhorn cow. These cows were everywhere and very big!

Archs national park in southeast UT

Random rock in the middle of nothing in UT.

Main gate to Ft. Hood army post.

Big red sun setting in the west.

The big Texas sky right before a storm moved in.

The sky right after the storm.

Me on an old WWII helicopter.



A big airplane!

An old tank!

WWII memorial.

The Iraq war memorial.

Me showing my patriotism. You can see the American flag everywhere here!

As we drove around a bend in AZ these big beautiful red mountains came out of nowhere.


There was snow is AZ. No snow in TX though.

3 comments:

  1. I don't get it. Charlotte did you write this? Did you join the army?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness... It did take me a min but I get it now... is this like flat Stanley? You have a beautiful family I can't believe how big Caroline is getting, she's definately your little mini me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha no Lydia it's a letter to my cousins class. They sent me a little flat person and I thought this would be an easy way to see what she has been doing instead of waiting for the snail mail. Hehe!! And Thanks Trisha!

    ReplyDelete