
This is Goldie. She is a 4 month old yellow lab. Yes the most hyper dog breed ever...exactly what I didn't want, but of course I couldn't say no to Ryan. She is the dog he has always wanted and he loves her. So how did we come to acquire this dog out of no where you ask? Well we went up to Dallas to go to the temple and when I was in the temple Ryan decides to take the kids to a pet store by the church bookstore. They come back to get me with a picture of the dog they like and beg me to go see it. Ryan said she was already trained, didn't shed, and was only 88 dollars. The prices was the only true part to that. She was so naughty, and thought Jack was another puppy to wrestle with. She was jumping all over the place and biting on everything...all I could think about was how the dog would eat my furniture. So I said no...so Ryan and Jack moopped to the book store where they were suppose to originally go. Caroline and I stayed behind to look around some more. Caroline assumed that since we weren't getting the dog we would be getting a cat. I just felt bad for disappointing Ryan and not wanting the responsibility of training and picking up poo. So I told the sales lady we would get her. After all she was the clearance puppy. Of course all the crap we had to buy for her cost more than the dog herself. I didn't know anything about dogs, so they could have talked me into buying anything and I am pretty sure one of the guys who helped us out was high. Anyway I did not know what to expect for the drive home, but everyone was sooo excited. I was like this is a 2 1/2 hour drive, is this dog gonna go crazy in the car, is she gonna get car sick and poop and barf all over our car. None of the above. She was totally nice and calm in the car, and you know how dogs smile, she smiled the whole way home. You could tell she was so happy to finally be getting a family. I don't know much about dogs, but I think they are that simple. They just want a family as anyone would. She is a lot like a kid. Her and Jack do a lot of the same naughty things, like eating things like crayons and dirt. She slept that last little way home and didn't even have an accident in the car. She started getting restless as we approached our home so I dropped off her and Ryan and they ran home. When he got her to the back yard she was soooo excited. She was running all over the place and exploring everything. The next door neighbors dog started barking at her and then I was like oh great they are gonna bark all night, but she never barked. We tried to see if she would want to come in for the night, but she was having too much fun outside. The two dogs I swear played all night long. Also that night Goldie popped every ball in the yard. The only thing we heard from her all night was a little whimpering around 5am. Ryan went out with her for a run. Then she was actually calm for most of the day and even played nicely with the kids and our friends kid that night. She never once got mad at them for pulling on her ears, or laying on her or anything. We were like wow she is actually a good dog. And we had not heard her bark once as of Sunday night. So we go to bed again and then I hear her bark the next morning around 6am. So I went down and fed her and she was all full of energy and acting crazy. I would have taken her for a walk but the kids were still asleep and Ryan was gone. So when he got back for breakfast I took her for a walk. She wasn't too bad. She never barked at any neighbors dogs. I guess she isn't much of a barker. But I guess the walk wasn't enough. She was so wild the whole day, and I couldn't even begin to think about walking her with both kids in the afternoon heat. I filled up the pull for the kids and she was jumping in and out and knocking over the kids and trying to play with Jack like he was a puppy. It was too crazy. And everything time I went to feed her she acted like she was starving. How much are you suppose to feed a dog? They said only twice a day, and we have been dong three, but she still acts like she is starving every time we feed her. So when Ryan go home he took her out for a run again and then she calmed down again. I was like oh no she is a naughty dog what am I gonna do with her. So, but then today we went to the vet clinic on post to register our dog with our community. And there was a soldier there with a chocolate female lab same age as Goldie and she was totally way worse. She wouldn't even hold still on the lease. She was jumping and biting and barking and doing all the naughty stuff puppies do. And then I was like wow I guess our dog isn't that bad. So I guess we'll keep her. I think the most important thing is that she is happy now to be with her new family...living in the pet store probably wasn't fun...and she has a new friend she plays with every night in the back yard. Plus Ryan loves her and she loves him. She does whatever he says and loves running with him. I think she is a great addition and if nothing else brings more love into our home. I have never had a dog and now I understand why people love them so much!

Here she is making herself at home.

Oh Charlotte, she is soo cute:) I'm excited for you guys to have a doggie!
ReplyDeleteGood for you, someone has to make their husbands/kids happy with a pet....just not us!
ReplyDeleteShe is cutie. Love the one of her in the van. Labs are always hyper, have to get her fixed, then she'll relax. A dog not sheding, I really doubt it.
ReplyDeleteLove you guys. You look great. Love reading about everything. I'm going to bring you all my wedding pictures and half done scrapbook so you can work on it for me. The one with Caroline looks awesome:>