I just noticed that I have had this blog for a year now. So I figured in honor I should actually blog something. I have posted 26 blogs though. I'd say thats pretty good more than once a month. I know I know I said I would do it once a week, but obviously that didn't work out too well. Anywho I guess I can give everyone a quick update on the kiddies and everything that is happening around here. Caroline just turned 4 in June. I can't believe it and she is going to start all day pre-K in two weeks. Oh goodness how did this happen. She is so smart, too smart for her own good. Last Sunday her Sunbeams teacher told me they were having a lesson on saying you are sorry and she asked Caroline, "If you get mad and push down your little brother, what should you say?" Caroline responded with, "Tell Mommy he fell down by himself." Oh goodness and whenever he cries from the other room and I ask, "Why is Jack crying?" and Caroline responds, "He just fell down by himself." So we had a family home evening about lying. I don't know if she totally understands, but she will tell on herself now if she lies and calls us out if we lie. They notice everything you do. It is amazing. You think your kid isn't watching but they are and they will know you are full of it if you say one thing and do another. That is one of my biggest challenges as a mom. To always be a good example to my daughter. Why should she not yell if I get angry and yell? Why would she say thank you and please and talk politely if I don't speak to her that way? It is the suttle things sometimes. I know some believe that you are the parent and they should respect you blah blah blah...but I think they are people too and deserve to be treated the way you would like to be treated. It's hard though. Hopefully I don't screw them up too much. I try to remember that they are special gifts from our Heavenly Father and try to think how he would have them raised and how he is with his children. Because he and Jesus Christ are out ultimate examples. Anyway, Mr. Jack is getting so big. He is walking very well now. And he only says few things, but is very well at communicating and knows some sign language and he knows where his belly button, nose, ears, and hair is. He is so cute and sweet and loving. He is kinda naughty too and is in the hitting and pushing phase. Hopefully he grows out of it as Caroline did. It is hard to help a 1 year old understand why you can't hit/push. But he will give hugs afterward and he puts his head on you. Thats how he shows love. He is so cuddly, I love it! Anyway we had lots of fun this summer and hopefully once I get all the picture down loaded I can blog all about it. But now I have to start to get into a routine with school and everything. Hopefully I can get here there on time. Here are a few more recent pictures of the little monkeys too and other happenings.

This is the picture that was in the Waco tribune. Taken at the fireworks in gatesville on July 3rd!
Super fun night. We saw a random guy get hit by a car in the parking lot right in front of us, by a poor old lady. He was fine of couse she was probably only going 5 miles per hour and that dude wasn't watching where he was going. So it was actually pretty funny. I am sure that poor old lady was saying to her husband, "uh oh they are taking our lisence for sure now."


Jack and Caroline in the pool in the back yard. Now the dogs pool.

Me and a few of my YW at girls camp. Now I know I said I wouldn't post these photo's but I don't think that any of them will notice hehe. I love them and love to show them off! And they looked so beautiful without any make up on and were so happy and filled with the spirit when I came to get them.


Last blanket I finished, back in May. Actually finished it before the baby was born. I gave it to my friend Janis who had a baby girl successful VBAC. So proud of her! This was by far the funnest blanket I have made. I love how it looks like a quilt. I have several in the works and will post pics of my progress once I get those photos downloaded.


Caroline waiting for her turn to show off her gymnastics skills. She did gymnastics and at the end of the classes they had a big showcase. She did so well and loved it. I don't know if we will continue though with her starting school, but I can continue to teach here things at home.

Caroline doing her handstand. Probably her least favorite of all the skills she practiced. She would always try to skip in during practices.
Jack after Ryan took him to get his hair cut at the army barber. They cut all my little boys hair off, but he looked like a little man and now he gets it down all the time and everytime we cut it he gets blonder and blonder.
Your kids are so dang cute and getting so big! I can't believe that your daughter is going to start PreK! She will do so well!
ReplyDeleteSounds like life is treating you very well indeed!!! I can tell you that the fact that you are thinking about the way you are raising your children, is a good indication that you are doing a good job. We miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteChar-char, I'm so proud of the crocheting you are doing!!! And I'm totally jealous you get to serve in YW. I would love that! Happy you guys are doing well.
ReplyDelete